Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Rocks Go in First!

Two weeks ago I took a hard look at my life and the busyness that was running my world. I decided that enough was enough. I made a detailed schedule for our family and decided that anything else that tried to creep in would be immediately cut out. Well, honestly, that lasted for about three days and then work got over the top busy and my new schedule went out the window.

So, here I am, 14 days after I began thinking about implementing a disciplined schedule feeling like my efforts were a dismal failure.

But, a disciplined life is not for the faint of heart!

So, today we will start again. We are slowing down, putting the "big rocks" in our schedule first and then whatever else will fit is bonus. We are going to stick to our values and therefore be the best we can be so that we can do what God has called us to do.

Give me some tips...What do you do to stay/be disciplined? How do you keep your schedule from being so busy that you can't breathe?

No comments:

Post a Comment