Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Semi-Sweet

I had a crazy past seven days. Here's what I realized/experienced during this whirlwind week:

1. I used to be a sugary-sweet, people pleasing, co-dependent. I can no longer be described that way. I am healing. I am now a semi-sweet, people LOVING, God-dependent person.

2. The mask I used to wear to hide my emotions no longer fits my face. I am so so so glad!

3. Seeing a baby being born is one of the most beautiful sights EVER!

4. I love the people God has placed in my life with all my heart...friends, family, co-workers, neighbors...they profoundly affect me.

5. My husband choosing to buy me Bon Jovi tickets over getting new tires for his truck made me feel like a princess.

6. When I put my mind to it I can get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time.

7. When someone does something that hurts my kids it absolutely breaks my heart and, shamefully, makes me want to go after that person with a vengeance!!!

and,

8. I realized how far God has brought me...but I also saw how incredibly far I still have to go. I'm excited to see the work He has planned to do in my heart!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glenda you have always been a people loving person!! I am so happy to read all the great things that are taking place in your life! Thanks for your authenticity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I've always been a fan of dark chocolate... oh wait, ok, now, now I get it :) .... it still fits though. I love who you are, love the way your excitement is so contagious- whether it is about 2 for 1 deal at Papasito's or following our heart's desire collide with a huge need that the Lord is pleading for us to make a "big rock". I know it has been a tough trudge, but you are tough as nails and have the love and support of so many of us that believe the Lord and believe He is enough for us and that He'll make up the difference. Love you to pieces Glenda- and I think you may have coined a new "Texan" phrase with #5- "bet'her dan a new set a taires"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and I'm so thankful for the new opportunities to get to know you better. Thanks for the transparency and honesty already! It encourages me :)

    ReplyDelete