Thursday, November 12, 2009

NOW

I'm starting a new blog because there is a lot of emotional junk attached to my previous blog. It was private because it had to be. I had to hide from mean people who were looking to twist my words and celebrate in my failures. Well, NOT TODAY DEVIL!!!!!

I have moved on and moved up!

When I look at the difference in my life 3 years ago compared to today I cannot believe the changes.

Three years ago I felt like I was drowning. I felt like I was living life with a mask on. I felt like I had to perform to be perceived as ok.

But now....NOW....

NOW I'm in a place where performance does NOT equal value. NOW I'm in a place where I can be more real than I've ever been before. I can say exactly what's on my mind to the people around me and I have no thought or worry that they are going to judge me. NOW I'm in a place where I experience God's love, grace and mercy on a daily basis. NOW I am walking in real freedom!

But, this freedom has had a price. I think that freedom always comes with a price. I miss my long time dear dear close to my heart friends. I miss living in the same town with my family. I miss the dreams that I was SURE were going to come to pass.

However, Jesus paid an ENORMOUS price so that I could walk in freedom. The price that I am paying for this bit of earthly freedom pales in comparison to the price He paid so that I could have ETERNAL freedom.

I'm soooooo thankful. It's been the hardest road I've ever walked, but I'm soooooo thankful for where this road has led us.

So, here's to a new blog, a new life and, most of all, here's to FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amen!! Awesome! I am so excited for this. For YOU!! I love the new name. :) I'll be checking it out, guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Glenda! This has been a long road, but God guarantees blessings when we persevere and remain faithful. It's wonderful to see what God has done in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Glenda!!! I can soooo- sooo identify with this post!!! 3 years ago, I felt EXACTLY the same way- EXACTLY!!!!! I'm so glad to be walking with you in a season of joy after the valley... You were such an encouragement as my valley neared it's end :)

    ReplyDelete